Job title: Business Development Manager
Tourico Holidays, a subsidiary of Travel Holdings, Inc., are seeking five Business Development Managers who will be responsible for business development, creating and executing sales & marketing plans of existing accounts with a focus on the acquisition of new potential companies. Building and maintaining relationships in the designated territory along with developing and maintaining senior level client contacts is key in order to maximize business opportunities.
Essential Functions: The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop strategies to achieve company objectives – exceeding sales goals by maximizing exposure of key company products.
- Regular reporting to Regional Sales Director or RVP- Identify and analyze market trends within the designated territory, market analysis, market intelligence and proposed strategy in order to increase sales/revenue generation; sales/marketing strategy.
- New customer acquisition/Potential accounts: to procure new B2B and B2C companies with potential to purchase travel solutions/products through Tourico Holidays in the designated region.
- Manage existing accounts: Business development with existing customers; evaluate their potential business and top selling destinations and hotels.
- Prepare weekly/monthly progress reports summarizing sales initiatives accomplished during the week/month and resources required supporting the initiatives.
- Maintain an in depth knowledge of our products and ensure that this knowledge is leveraged effectively to clients.
- Regular liaising with the Head of H2H/PS Administration regarding technology development.
- Develop sales strategy with the product management departments – identify new product needed, preferred partnerships, rate issues, and market focused promotions.
- Management of budgets and achievement of sales targets for the designated region.
- Participation in industry trade shows and events.
- Regular contact with the accounting department in order to ensure that payments are received in a smoothly timely manner.
- Administration; logging of appointments in the MSCRM and regular update of accounts in the back office.
- Experience in the travel industry in designated region a must
- 3-5 years’ experience in Travel Sales environment
- Self-motivated, goal orientated and target driven individual with a willingness to work independently and productively within a sizable geographic territory.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English,
- An adaptable, clear and analytical thinker with the ability to work under pressure.
- A high commercial acumen with a proven experience of solution selling, excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects within tight time frames,
- Good understanding of management accounts with a head for figures.
- Willingness to travel to and from the United States
- Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Travel up to 50% in the designated territory
Closing date: 31 August 2014