Title: IT Help Desk Technician
Basic Purpose of Position: Maintains computing environment by identifying system requirements and responsible for ensuring servers and relative are backed up, and that the server data is secure from unauthorized access. Ideal candidate will have experience in maintaining and troubleshooting a VMware and have proficiency in a Cisco networking environment including VoIP.
- Establishes system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements.
- Establishes system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks.
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating systems.
- Helps users with common issues either in person locally to the office, and/or over the phone for remote offices.
- Secures system by monitoring, and establishing recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades system by conferring with team members; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Ability to work well with others in a team as well as alone.
- Diagnose network issues locally and at the remote offices and address issues independently
- Modify user systems i.e. addition of hardware, software
- Experience in Microsoft windows 7 / 8 , server 2008 R2 , 2012
- Experience with Exchange 2010/2013
- Minimum of 2yrs troubleshooting PC and Server operating systems, mainly Microsoft
- Minimum of 1yr Microsoft active directory experience in creating new users and assigning permissions.
- Minimum of 1yr Cisco networking experience and/or CCNA certification
- System Administration
- LAN Knowledge
- Able to work On-Call
- Networking knowledge
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Cisco Unified Communications knowledge is a plus
Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective equipment is utilized.
About the Company
Tourico Holidays, a Travel Holdings, Inc. company, is the world’s fastest growing travel distribution company; brokering global inventory to global clients. Our goal is to become the largest worldwide wholesaler of hotels, activities, car rentals, vacation homes, flights, cruises and transfers.
Founded in 1994 by Uri Argov in Sanford, Florida, Tourico Holidays has grown to 26 locations with over 450 employees providing service in 13 languages.
The company offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and eligible dependents including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance. A matching tax deferred 401(k) plan is also available. Employees accrue paid time off, plus nine company holidays and a floating holiday. Access to travel discounts are offered as an employee benefit.