Job title: Product Specialist Level 1
Tourico Holidays are looking for five Product Specialists who will be responsible for the negotiation, maintenance and production of our hotel contracts to ensure that we have competitive inventory and pricing in the designated territory. The positions entail maintaining and expanding our current hotel inventory product as well as developing new product. The ideal candidates will achieve these goals through building and sustaining strong working relationships with our Hotel Partners.
Essential Functions: The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Experience within the travel industry or equivalent training, with a fluid understanding of how distributors of travel inventory operate, as well as knowledge of how hotels position themselves within the B2B and B2C distribution channels.
- Candidates will have relevant experience or equivalent training managing supplier accounts, as well as negotiating and procuring travel products for a tour operator or wholesaler.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, maintain and strengthen relationships with supplier. We seek individuals who can both initiate and grow a business relationship; ultimately building comprehensive supplier loyalty to our company, through the supplier’s understanding of our distribution network and technology abilities.
- Maintain strong relationships with partner hotels post-contract, analyzing key data including distribution pace, source countries for distribution, length of stay, and lead time to book.
- Secure regular and ongoing promotions exclusive to Tourico Holidays.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of your region’s source markets and the key clients within these markets.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of destinations’ demographics such as lead time, LOS, ADR, seasonality and main travel appeal.
- Research, identify and promote the Tourico ‘add-on’ to hotel partners in every negotiation
- Consistently secure a targeted number of quality contracts within a specified region, according to the rolling target lists set in agreement with the Regional Director.
- Ensure accurate and diligent Quality Assurance process of all new hotel product pricing, allotment and availability, as well as general Quality Assurance of destinations, ranking, photos, maps etc.
- Effectively educate Tourico Holidays Global Sales Team about the products and contracts in the market.
- Coordinate with Sales team on requirements or issues regarding product in the region, contributing to the development of sales strategies and setting sales targets.
- Produce reports and recommendations on marketing and sales strategies for senior management.
- Ability to schedule, prepare and execute extensive high quality meetings with key supplier decision-makers.
- Proactively monitor the targeted annual revenue achieved by sales teams using product obtained, analysing sales figures and preparing proposals for marketing campaigns and promotional activities, undertake market research and proactively monitor for and correct any declines in revenue pace.
- Secure both B2B and B2C Hotel contracts and qualify them based on competitive best price and availability before submission to internal data entry department for inclusion is new product.
- Have a thorough understanding of Tourico Holidays and its parent company business model; learn a thorough understanding of the company’s top clients and product serving the region.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent negotiation skills, experience of negotiating contracts or equivalent training, and an ability to ‘sell’ the company and lead the conversation.
- Experience researching markets to determine demand and supply requirements.
- Experience of handling supplier accounts and an ability to discuss industry-relevant topics including rev par, occupancy, displacement, ADR, margin, pace, source countries, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and proposal and presentation writing.
- Experience or equivalent training for liaising with a sales force and contributing to development of sales strategies and targets.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel as well as the ability to grasp the various technology solutions Travel Holdings offers.
- Ability to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory, as well as to Company meetings and trade shows around the world.
- Assertive, results oriented individual. Self-motivated and driven and willing to work on their own within a sizeable geographic territory.
- Experience of working to, meeting and exceeding targets and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage internal and external relationships.
- All other duties as assigned.
Closing date: 31 August 2014